BIP Facebook - dołącz do nas!

Lutowiska

July

06

imieniny:

Dominiki
Jaropełka
Łucji

Religious Architecture /

Orthodox church in Chmiel

Orthodox church in Chmiel – first mention of the local church comes from 1584. The second wooden parish church of Saint Nicholas the Bishop was built (probably in place of the old one) in 1795. It existed until 1904. Today’s temple was built in 1906 The church has a log, tricuspid orientated construction. It was consecrated in 1907 under the original patron of St Nicholas.

After 1947, when the Greek-Catholic population was moved from the area, the church was abandoned. In  1960s it functioned as a storehouse.

In 1969, after long efforts, the abandoned and neglected temple was converted into a branch of the Roman-Catholic church.

In recent years, the temple is undergoing a thorough renovation. Dwernik was incorporated into the parish. At the cemetery of the church there is a tombstone of a certain Fieroia F. dated 1644, with an inscription in the old Slavonic language; the tombstone of Emil Rici (died 1875), and a classical statue of the local parish priest Feliks Dołżyński (died 1903).

Kalendarz

p July 2022 n
M T W T F S S
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31